PCS-100 Polymide Coating Stripper
Polyimide coated optical fibres are now widely used in the oil and gas and medical industries. Polyimide coating has superior heat and chemical resistance to conventional UV curable coating material, but the coating requires additional care to remove.
Dangerous chemical stripping using hot sulfuric acid or burning the coating off are common methods to strip the fibre due to the thin coating and strong coating adhesion to the fibre clad. PCS-100 Polyimide Fibre Coating Stripper is the first tool that uses a mechanical stripping method, providing a safe, consistent and quick stripping solution.
- Quick stripping of a fibre (minimum 23sec.)
- Window stripping available
- High quality, safe stripping with no oxidation by burning
- Adjustable parameters for various fibre coating sizes, including polyimide coated carbon fibre
- Mechanical fibre proof-tester